Elder Options Continuing Education and Staff Training
Training Staff and Community
Elder Options knows that having experienced, trained employees is key to the professional care our clients receive. Training and ongoing education happen on multiple levels:
- Orientation of all new employees. Review policies and procedures specific to company and client care.
- Mentor training in the field. All new employees are trained and evaluated by mentor trainers regarding on-site client care,
- Team meetings/supervision – Care Manager. Review and resolve client care issues.
- In-Person In-Service training (paid) – quarterly with CEUs from California Bureau of Registered Nursing (BRN) for HHAs and CNAs. Topics include Alzheimer’s, dementia, lifting/transferring, hospice, special needs, safety, etc.
- Lending Library and DVDs – Our own library is always available to staff members. Includes information on behavior and disease topics.
- College Internships. Elder Options’ care managers supervise college interns from CSUS, American River College, Los Rios College and USC in fields of social work, human services and gerontology.
- Community Education – We participate in community education through regional health fairs, community presentations and speaker’s groups.